Sounds and Words: A Luncheon Event for The Homeless
Lovelogical® and Life Ministry are officially coming together to help make a difference for the patrons of the NSO Tumani Center by hosting, Sounds and Words: A Luncheon Event for The Homeless, February 27th from 3 pm until 4:30 pm at the NSO Tumani Center, 3430 Third Avenue. This is an event for the homeless. The public is being asked to make donations of socks, undergarments, and feminine hygiene products. I am hoping Detroiters stop by to drop off enough products to last the shelter for months.
As many of you know, Lovelogical® focuses on celebrating non-biological relationships including adoption, fostering, extended and blended families. We are so excited to partner with Life Ministry, a non-profit organization that advocates for the hungry, needy and underrepresented members of the community for this special event.
The luncheon event will feature a meal and show for the patrons in attendance. Many local businesses and artist volunteered their services and time to make this day special for the homeless.
The NSO Tumani Center patrons normally eat and sleep in chairs set in a theater-like setting. This optimizes the number of people assisted and housed in a safe environment. To help make the day truly special Lovelogical and Life Ministry will transform the center into a restaurant like setting with the addition of tables. Desires of the Heart Event Planning and Catering are assisting in this transition by providing table linens and centerpieces.
Life Ministry will provide lunch and beverages for the patrons as she normally does two days of each week. The Bottom Line Coffee House will be donating coffee and pastries. Calvin “Cookin Calvin” Washington is providing salad and elegant plastic ware to enhance the setting of the event.
The show will be an event to remember thanks to the following artist:
- Stacey Johnson – Stacey J Productions is producing a skit and spoken word poem in celebration of Black History Month. (https://www.facebook.com/StaceyJProductions)
- Darrick Price – Priceless Live will perform a series of Motown and R&B songs and ballads. (www.facebook.com/priceless.live1)
- Randall Poindexter – Phase 5 and resident artist at Bakers Keyboard Lounge will perform jazz with his keyboard.
- Mahogany Jones – International Recording and Performance Artist is performing a Hip Hop celebration. (www.mahoganyjones.com)
- Cornelius Jones – Percussionist for Phase 5 and Priceless Live will show what he can do with his congas.
- DJ Asset will show her skills and take us on a journey through the history of music from old to new school.
- Michelle L Anderson of Lovelogical will perform a spoken word poem.
In addition to the artist, event photography will be provided courtesy of Taurise, Owner of Forgive Me Not Photos. (Forgive-Me-Not-Photos.com) Brother John Mayberry of Conant Gardens Church of Christ will be providing prayer to start the day.
“Putting this event together has been a blessing. Only God has brought some of these people to volunteer their time and skills,” said Anderson.
Both organizations are asking for the community to get involved by donating the following items requested by the NSO Tumani Center:
- Warm socks for men and women
- Feminine hygiene products
- Undergarments for women – especially larger sizes
- Undershirts for men
- Underwear for men and women – especially larger sizes
Interested participants can drop off donation items during the event or any day during the week at NSO Tumani Center.
In addition, Life Ministry is asking for the community to get involved by donating non-perishable food products and cash donations are also welcome. For more information on donating to Life Ministry, please visit www.life-ministry.net or call 313-460-3301.
I am so excited to be a part of this milestone event. Lovelogical is everything I am. Helping the homeless is dear to my heart. In my opinion, the homeless is part of a huge community of Lovelogical extended family. Embrace this family via volunteering time and donating as needed. Remember with Lovelogical our motto says it all…DNA NOT REQUIRED!