Greetings from Lovelogical – DNA NOT REQUIRED!
I love this time of year! As a child, I loved the holiday season for the reason most children loved the jolly holiday. I loved that from Thanksgiving Eve until New Year’s Eve everyone appeared happy and joyful.
In our home the day before Thanksgivings we were expected to answer the phone with a cheerful “Happy Holidays!” The same greeting was expected when someone came into our home or crossed our path with eye contact. Greetings continued until New Years Day, where the greeting changed to “Happy New Year’s.” Most people I knew followed the same holiday greeting guidelines spread joy throughout the season! Just writing this makes me miss the good ol’ days.
The holidays season was a time for FAMILY to come together! Our family included family by nature and choice – DNA NOT REQUIRED! My parents opened our homes to many people without judgment of their race, religion, choices, etc. The holidays were about placing differences aside and loving with the best parts of you.
Through the years I have maintained the spreading of joy by celebrating a season of diversity. My children were raised with Lovelogical heart. They understand how opening their hearts and minds to others is important for a fulfilling life. People do not have to look alike or think alike to be friends or family. Welcome blended world family!
The Internet, television, and magazine acknowledge this season of love. We are fortunate to hear Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Merry Kwanzaa and Happy Holidays to be inclusive of others who are starting to learn.
In celebration of inclusivity Lovelogical – DNA NOT REQUIRED reached out to our premiere artist, Markiesha Thornton, who is my Lovelogical sister. Markiesha Thornton Studios graced us with four holiday gift cards. One of my personal favorite cards includes 4 religious’ symbols, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and Islam surrounding our Lovelogical heart.
The symbols surround Lovelogical because ALL families have non-biological ties who receive the love of family!
Lovelogical – DNA NOT REQUIRED has received the following great honors so far for the holidays!
- The Jewish News Holiday Guide – 2018 featured the Family – DNA NOT REQUIRED® black dog tag in the His section. Input code JEWISH NEWS for The NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN, MICHIGAN to receive 10% of your purchase until January 31, 2019. https://thejewishnews.com/2018/11/29/gift-guide-gifted-great-gifts/
- BLAC (Black Lives Art and Culture) Magazine December edition includes Lovelogical – DNA NOT REQUIRED® gifts for your holiday! http://www.blacdetroit.com/
- Bloomfield Community Television program Bottom Line’s own Cindy Kainz will interview me, Michelle L Anderson, on December 4th. We will discuss Lovelogical – DNA NOT REQUIRED®. You will learn more about Lovelogical and see some of our holiday gifts and cards during the interview. More details to come.
- Podcast Detroit – Royal Oak Studios has welcomed the Lovelogical – DNA NOT REQUIRED podcast into their Internet broadcast family! Join me, Michelle L Anderson, live from studio 4 every Tuesday evening at 7 pm. My children, Dalon Kennedy, and Janel Anderson will periodically be my co-host. Who knows who my other cohost will be over time. You must tune in or download the Podcast Detroit website or app to find out.
- HAIRfidence – Hair for the Holidays! Clients and Volunteers Needed – Lovelogically fostered children will have their hair done for free at a salon in Oak Park, MI. Contact 800-829-0406 to schedule an appointment. We are also seeking more volunteer hairdressers and barbers to help too! Chair massage therapist – we would love to have you volunteer to work with the social workers and parents.
We are so looking forward to more joy and blessings for the holiday season. Our blessings allow us to pay it forward for others.
Shop Lovelogical – DNA NOT REQUIRED® for this 2018 holiday season. We are looking forward to sharing our heart with your family – Biological by Nature. Lovelogical by Choice!